Friday, February 28, 2014

Human Reason or God's Word?

You cannot combine human reason (the enlightenment philosophy of our forefathers) with God's Word and expect His Word to equate to human reason and logic.  As soon as you do that, you have a false understanding of God's Being and His Word.  God's ways are always above our ways and His thoughts beyond our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8).  You must choose between the two extremities:  to put your faith in such limited and fluctuating human reason, or the infinite wisdom of God and His Word that He has provided as for our own benefit while the Holy Spirit is equipped to guide and inspire us, speaking what He hears from Christ Himself.  Either extreme is something intangible.  I have found that the latter comes with endless results.  When I rely on my own human reason, I find that I am weak and feeble minded.  But when I choose to put my faith and reliance on the grace of Christ, I find an insurmountable strength I never had before to carry on, as the Holy Spirit is my Comforter.  And so I rejoice in the joy of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment